CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
Entry is open to all Victorian practicing artists working in textile media.
By submitting to participate in this exhibition, successful applicants agree to the following:
- Artwork must be complete, ready for installation and delivered by Monday 11 October 2021
- Paying a share of gallery costs which is anticipated to be under $250 per artist. Final cost will be notified with acceptance of your work.
- Participation in social media promotion of exhibition
- Collect artwork on 24 October 2021 or courier payment will be requested
- Up to two artworks per applicant are allowed
- Entries must be original work.
- All work must be primarily in textile or executed in a textile technique.
- Work must be original in concept and design.
- Work should not exceed 2 metres in any single dimension.
Artist Bio & CV:
The Artist’s Statement needs to be written in the third person. This statement should include an explanation of the artwork and the art making processes. You may also include a brief bio both have a maximum of 200 words.
A fee – AU$25.00 non-refundable per entry, with up to two (2) entries per person. Fee must be paid at the time of application – https://checkout.square.site/merchant/9HNNK5EJDQVM8/checkout/HRCRQQ5G72HBSTNHVBJFPISQ
All artists exhibiting will share the final cost of the exhibition through a participation fee. The participation fee will be notified with acceptance of your work.
The participation fee will be calculated adding the gallery hire fee and opening night costs then subtracting all entry fees received and dividing this by the number of exhibiting artists. This is anticipated to be under $250 per artist. This will be due for payment by 29 August 2021. The invoice for participation must be paid by the payment date.
- Application will be done online via Naarm Textile Collective – https://naarmtextilecollec.wixsite.com/website
- Artists may submit up to two (2) works.
- Each entry must be represented by two (2) images: One (1) full view and one (1) detail. Works entered, as a multicomponent must be represented by three images: One (1) full view and two (2) details.
Please title images with the following format:
For each work submitted, artists must provide a brief description including dimensions, materials, and techniques.
Photographing your work:
Each entry should be represented by clearly focused, well-lit images on a neutral background that accurately reflects the work submitted. Colour must represent the piece accurately. Work exhibited in a frame must include the frame in the digital image. Work framed under glass should be photographed without glass but noted that it will be displayed with glass.
Digital submission Specifications:
IMAGE: JPEG or JPG only, up to 5MB – Files 5 MB will not accepted.
Acceptable images should be at 1500 pixels on the longest side.
Stitching Change is being curated by Tamara Russell
Work will be judged from digital images. Selection will be based on the overall quality of the work and its compliance with the standards stated in “Conditions of Entry.”
Accepted work will be subject to final approval by the jurors’ representative.
Work, which differs significantly from the image representing it, will not be accepted and returned to the artist.
Artists will be asked to provide HIGH RESOLUTION digital images (full view and detail) for use on the website and social media. In the full view, the entire artwork must be clearly visible; the edges of the work must show. Acceptable images should be at 3000 pixels on the largest dimension.
Stitching Change curators reserve the right to reproduce the artwork/s or parts thereof for the purpose of publicity and promotion, on its website or for archival reference.
Notification of the curators decision will be sent to the artist’s email by 15 August 2021. Stitching Change curators will retain the submitted images (accepted and declined) and reserves the right to use the images in publications and gallery publicity. Beyond such use, the artist retains full copyright of submitted images.
The curators decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
The exhibition will take place using the FortyFiveDownstairs Covid plan. Restrictions will depend on the public health restrictions applicable at the time.
Delivery, Insurance and Return of work:
- Artists are responsible for all costs incurred in delivery and return of accepted artwork.
- Artists are responsible for insurance of their work
- Each shipped entry must be packaged in a reusable container for the return of work. No Styrofoam peanuts please.
- All shipments must include prepaid return shipping postage and address mailing label.
- Include the insured value if insurance is requested.
- Hand delivered entries must be delivered to the FortyFiveDownstairs Gallery venue between 10am and 2pm Monday 11 October 2021.
Delivery of your work:
Delivering in person: please bring to the gallery between 10am and 2pm Monday 11 October 2021
Postal: Address available on request
Using Post or Carriers: despatch your work to ensure that it arrives before Monday 4 October 2021. Keep tracking details if you post your work or keep a copy of the freight documents.
All return freight/ postage costs must be prepaid. Before wrapping/packing, place all return freight/consignment documents with your work. Stamps to the value of the postage must be included.
Collecting Your Work:
After the close of the Exhibition on October 23 2021, artworks will be collected between 10am and 12pm Sunday 24 October 2021
Posted works will be mailed after the closing of the exhibition
The curators of Stitching Change will not be responsible for any damage or loss suffered by any person or organisation due to infringement of copyright.
Your personal details will not be disclosed by any other party. Any requests for details will be passed on to the exhibitor concerned.
Entries Close: 1 August 2021
Notification: 8 August 2021
Participation fee payment: 22 August 2021
Delivery of Selected Artworks: 10am – 2pm 11 October 2021
Exhibition Dates: 12 – 23 October 2021
Exhibition Opening Event: 5 – 7 pm 12 October 2021
Collection of Artworks: 10am – 12pm Sunday 24 October 2021